Saturday, February 3, 2007

Trip to NYC








I have some exciting news! I was able to be one of the first people to try
the zero grams transfat per serving Crisco on a recent trip to NYC.

I was able to use it to make some icing and it performed just like the Crisco
product I know and trust. I'm looking forward to using it in the Professional
Division at the National Pie Competition in Celebration, Florida in April.
What was really exciting was to know that it will be available in butter
flavor, which I prefer.

I wasn't the only National Pie Champion that went! Phyllis Bartholomew was
also invited. We had an exciting time. We even got to go to a Cake store
where we got to shop and I was able to get more of those Morello Cherries from
a new Trader Joe's location that opened just off of 14th and Union Square.
I'll have to create a new recipe with it featuring those wonderful cherries,
because I can't use the same winning recipe.

The day began arriving in La Guardia airport at 1030am and a driver was
waiting to take me to the test kitchen. NYC is just as you expect, lots of
people and the busyness of the city humming. I'm from L.A. and I LOVE the
city, so for me it was very exciting and invigorating.
What an honor to be a part of something so groundbreaking! It was a thrill
and something I know I'll remember for many years to come.

Valarie

No comments: