Saturday, February 3, 2007

Entering the IDDBA Cake Challenge

Well, wish me luck! I submitted a portfolio to the IDDBA in Madison, Wisconsin to be considered to be one of the three professional store level cake decorators for their annual competition. This year it will be held in June in Anaheim, Calif. and I'm hoping to be one of the few picked to compete! I am originally from L.A. and would love to be able to compete on my home turf. They asked that you submit many pictures, more than fifty if you can...pictures that show your diversity and abilities. The competition itself is run over three days. Day one you make a wedding cake, the next day you fill a bakery case with a variety of cakes and the third day you make three special occasion cakes. I should hear in March if I'm one of the three selected! (eeek!) Publix decorators have participated, and even won the competition before, so it would be a huge honor!

1 comment:

jensta said...

Valarie,

I am a past student from Micheal's of your friend, Susan Boyle. I would like to get in contact with her as my mother-in-law, mother, and i are looking to start a business and had a few questions that I am hoping she can assist with. Can you provide her with my contact information and ask her to get in touch with me? i had her home number but cannot locate it anymore.

Contact - Jennifer 407.551.0771
jennifer.stachowicz@gmail.com

Thanks so much!
Jennifer